करेला अचार बनाने का तरीका - बिना आम या अमचूर के | Karela Pickle Recipe | Bitter Gourd pickle recipe
Karela achar ki recipe, Karela Pickle Recipe, karela achar banane ki vidhi, karela achar kaise banta hai, karela achar ki vidhi, bitter gourd pickle in vinegar,
#KarelaAchar #KarelaPickle #BitterGourdPickle
Ingredients for Karela Achaar
Bottle Gourd - करेला - 250 gms
Salt - नमक - 2 tsp
Fennel Seeds - सौंफ - 4 tbsp
Fenugreek Seeds - मेथी दाना - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - जीरा - 1 tsp
Carom Seeds - अजवाइन - 1 tsp
Yellow Mustard Seeds - पीली सरसो के दाने - 3 tbsp
Asafoetida - हींग - 1 pinch
Black Pepper - काली मिर्च - 15-20
Mustard Oil - सरसो का तेल - 3/4 Cup (150 ml)
Turmeric Powder - हल्दी पाउडर - 1 tsp
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder - काश्मीरी मिर्च पिसी - 1 tbsp
Black Salt - काला नमक - 1 tsp
Balck Cumin Seeds - कलौंजी - 1/ 2 tsp
Lemon Juice - नींबू का रस - 2
Vinegar - सिरका - 2 tbsp
How to Make Karela Pickle?
1. Rinse and drain 250-grams of Karela. Cut the heads from both ends and slice the karela into 1/2 cm of width.
2. Transfer the sliced pieces of karela into a bowl and add 1 tsp salt and mix well. Cover and leave them for 1 hour.
3. After an hour, strain the karela using a strainer to drain out the released bitter water. Leave the pieces in the strainer for 5 minutes.
4. Lay a cloth over the tray and place the sliced pieces on the tray one-by-one to dry.
5. Dry the slices under the sun for 1 hr or 2 hrs under the fan. Next, prepare masala for the achaar.
6. Heat a pan, add 4 tbsp Saunf, 1 tsp methi, 1 tsp jeera, 1 tsp ajwain to the pan, and saute the spices over the low-medium flame while stirring constantly.
7. Add 3 tbsp of yellow mustard seeds, 1-pinch hing, 15-20 black pepper, and roast it slightly.
8. Take the masala out in a bowl once roasted, and allow it to cool. Put the masala in a mixture jar and coarsely crush the spices.
9. Heat 1/2 cup mustard oil in the pan. When you can see visible smoke coming out of the oil, turn off the flame and allow the oil to cool a bit.
10. Once the oil cools a bit, add 1 tsp turmeric powder, karela slices, ground masala, 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chili, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black salt, 1/2 tsp Kalonji, and mix everything properly.
11. When the pieces are well-coated with masala, transfer them to a bowl, add 2-lemons juice extract, 2 tbsp of vinegar, and mix well.
12. Cover the achaar and keep it in the sun for 3-days or keep it inside for 3-days.
13. After 3-days, add 1/4 cup oil in the achaar if it seems short of oil.
14. Store it in any glass container, ceramic pickle jar, or food-grade container and have it for more than a year.
15. Make sure to sterilize the jar before putting the pickle. So, prepare and enjoy Karela pickle with paratha or any side dish.
Subscribe for more recipes -
For the Best recipes on PAworld, log onto -
Find us on Facebook at -
Visit my Hindi Website